This Cookies Policy defines the rules for storing and accessing User information through Cookie files, which are intended for the provision of online services by Ministry of the Environment.
§ 1 Definitions
- Administrator - Ministry of the Environment with its registered seat in Warsaw 00-922, ul. Wawelska 52/54, which provides online services as well as collects and accesses information on User devices.
- Cookies – means IT data, and in particular, small text files downloaded and saved on devices with Internet connectivity, through which the User accesses the Service websites.
- Admin Cookies - Cookies posted by the Administrator in connection with the provision of online services by them through the Service.
- Third Party Cookies - Cookies posted by the Admin partners through the Service website.
- Service – the website at which the Admin operates the Service at cop19.gov.pl.
- Device – an electronic device through which the User accesses the Service websites.
§ 2 Types of Cookies
- All Admin Cookies are safe for the User Devices. In particular, the cookies cannot include any viruses, malware or any other malicious software which could be downloaded on the User Devices. Cookies can identify the software used by the User and help customize the Service to individual Users. Cookies typically contain the domain name from which they are downloaded, the shelf life, and the assigned value.
- Admin uses two types of cookies:
- Session Cookies: are downloaded on the User Device and are kept there until the web browser session is closed. All information collected in the cookies is then permanently deleted from the Device. The sm of session cookies prevents the collection of any personal data and confidential information from the User Device.
- Persistent Cookies: are downloaded on the User Device and are kept there until they are deleted. They are not deleted with the closing of web browser session or with the shutting down of the User Device. The mechanism of persistent cookies prevents the downloading of any personal data and confidential information from the User Device.
- Users may limit or prevent the downloading of cookies onto the User Device. If such settings are used, Users will be able to use the Service except for the functions that – by their nature – need cookies to work properly.
§ 3 What are Cookies used for?
- Customize the contents of the Service websites to the preferences of individual Users, and to improve the way Service websites are used.
- Recognise User Devices and their location, and properly display the website in a manner that reflects the User’s individual needs.
- save settings that the User selects, and to personalize the User’s interface, such as language preferences, etc.
- The Admin uses its own Cookies to be able to execute processes necessary to enable the full functionality of its websites, and in particular, to customize the contents posted on the Service websites to the preferences of individual Users, and to optimize the way the Service websites are used. In particular, with Cookies the Admin is able to recognize the basic parameters of the User Device and to display websites in an appropriate, customized way.
- The Admin uses Third Party Cookies to collect general and anonymous statistical information through Google Analytics tools (Third Party Cookies admin: Google Inc, USA).
§ 4 How to enter the settings for downloading Cookies and accessing User Devices
- The Cookies settings can be changes at any time by defining the conditions of downloading Cookies and accessing User Devices. This can be done via web browser settings or service configuration. In particular, the web browser settings can be changed to prevent automatic downloading of Cookies, or the User can be notified of each cookie file that is downloaded to the User Device. For more information about the available options concerning Cookies files, check your web browser settings
Below is an example of how web browser settings can be changed:
- Cookies can be deleted at any time via web browser.
- If any limitations are set for Cookies, some functionalities of the Service website may be affected.